Monday, June 9, 2008

what is a blog?

I have been thinking. What is a blog? Is it my own personal page on the world wide web where I can rant and rave, crib and bitch? Is it a personal space? Should I be able to write well if I want to write a blog? Can I be political? Can I actually spill out my guts? What if I do and someone I know reads something that I dont want read? then does that mean I shouldnt have blogged about it? Hmmm....but blogging seems to be an addiction. I want to blog about every feeling I have. Blog about everyone I love. And of course blog aout every one I hate. It seems to be an awesome outlet to my emotions. A place where I can talk what ever I want without caring a F***who reads it. Although I know for a fact that there are some people who will read it. Infact, I always tell a few people when I have a new blog on. I want them to read it. But will I offend someone? Should I bother? Should I be totally non-challant and not care about who I offend?

Went to Wikipedia and tried to get the definition of blog. "A blog (an abridgment of the term web log) is a website, usually maintained by an individual, with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video." Ok. So, the individual is me. I do make regular entries. Definitely regular since I am getting addicted to blogging. Commentry-this qualifies, I guess. Description of events- yes, I do that. Well, what do you know. I have a blog. Next step: I googled "blogger". Wikepedia defines blogger as a person who blogs. Well, again. what do you know. I am a blogger. Yipee.
Its taken me really long to start blogging. I had thought about it on and off. Some how never brought myself to do it. Many of my friends blog. I have read all their blogs. And their blogs are all so good. All famous people blog. Everyone blogs. I started feeling insecure. Do I write ok? Will anyone be interstested in reading my blog? All the demons inside my head started questioning my intent on writing blogs. Its not like I want to write about some great achievement. Nor do I meet famous people I want to blog about. Stop it. Stop it. I told all these demons who were putting me down. I started blogging. A huge step. Who cares who reads my blog. I am writing only for myself. I am writing to vent my feelings. I am blogging because I can say what ever I want and if people get offended well, I dont care a *&*&. If people like it, thank you is all I have to say. But I must say, I love it. I am addicted. If I have to stand in front of a fellow bloggers (all addicts, read BA: Bloggers annonymous, and say, I am MS and I am a blogger, well, I will.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Shantanu said...

"Meghana Turns blogger"
Write about anything, I agree with it, and yes blog is an awesome outlet. Sometimes while coming to office I feel angry / irritated about a lot of things, I feel happy about somethings... i just blog about it,.

The best part is you don't need to go and tell anybody, you have found an outlet, and what is weird is that you don't even know who all are reading this outlet of yours, you don't bother what would be their expression after they read it.

I must tell you that this blog is already in my favorite list in Google Reader (reader.google.com)

Unknown said...

Hey,

Man its amazin to see you penning down your thoughts and am kind of getting hooked to read your blogs...

Its great!!!!!

temporary insanity said...

hey meghs,
it is an outlet, but if u want it to be an outlet to your very own deep feelings, which u dont want anyone to know about, then u dont give out ure link to others, it becomes an anonymous blog, like mine....then again, there are somethings u want read, and the world to know abt, u can make those public!!!
and it's definately not a place just to rave and rant and crib and bitch, though that feels good, but it is a place where u can share ure joys, laughter, some people blog about food, the best places to eat, and then there are the food blogs, for novice cooks like me, i look them up to pick up recipes....then there are blogs like a friend of mine, she uses it to tell us the progression of her love life...hmmm...interesting reading eh? then there are some people out there who write the awsomest short stories, and there is this one blog i used to read where she would write a soap!! that was addictive!! i feel it is a mixture, when u want it as a vent for your feelings, it can be that, other times it can be a place to write what u think...simple eh??
i hope that made some sense!!! i dont know if u have ever read mine, but try it sometimes, i have a mixture of things on it, though from a few decades i have been complaining of a writer's block ;)doesn't look it eh??
muah :)